“Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.”–Dale Carnegie
To begin a real change in our lives the fact that happiness dictates all. Coming to terms with joy is a choice. If you want to be happy, then be glad it’s that easy.
Most of us struggle to be happy. My thoughts on this from my own experience, we have been conditioned to believe that if it’s too easy, it’s cheap, not real, not worth it. We all see things to good to be true usually are. So when happy is just a simple change in mindset, then I believe subconsciously we stray.
In my mind, you must recondition your mind to be happy. It’s what I work on daily. To be candid, it’s been a struggle. Part of it has been a lack of knowledge that happiness is a choice state-of-mind. It can rush upon you for moments sure.
Here is some daily to-do’s to help find happiness:
- Change your thoughts (yes sometimes easier said than done) try and think about things that bring you joy. Make a conscious effort daily. Retrain the brain!
- Walk. Get out and walk even if it’s just down the street and back. Let your body let go of stress. Walking relieves tension.
- Breathe for at least one minute a few times a day. In through the nose and out through the mouth to relax.
- Make sure your body posture is shoulders back standing tall. Don’t slump.
- Meditate and see through your minds-eye yourself happy, smiling and laughing.
Do any number of these or all if you can. Daily! Set reminders in your phone to remind you of activity. Then do it!
If you retrain your thoughts towards a happy state-of-mind, guess what? You will begin to call upon yourself to be satisfied. Yes, there will be times of stress but training your thoughts will make them fewer and farther between.