“Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.”–Unknown
We’re all guilty of looking back into the shadows of our lives. It’s within those shadows that you find depression, sadness, and loneliness.
Shadows hide from us the destiny that God has for us. God does not live in the shadows he lives in the light. Turn your face to the sunshine, find warmth in the suns embrace. Feel the warmth open up your dreams.
It’s much easier to look back for some reason. Many of us struggle to find the light. I would urge you this day to venture outside, close your eyes and look up to the sun. Take a moment to let the Universe know you are grateful.
It’s the simple things like this that build the foundation of your strength.
Comments or questions:
“Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.”–Oprah Winfrey
We all wish we had less struggle. Another quote that I will paraphrase you can’t become a good sailor in calm seas. For God to bless our lives with more, we must be able to handle the trials and tribulations of life with grace.
In my own life, I am challenged with many obstacles and hurdles. Past articles I have written spoke to this as taking a trip, and from time-to-time, we run into road construction. Sometimes we can see the development in front of us and sometimes what we need to understand is just over the horizon.
Learning to have the patience that the Universe is moving to clear our path. Faith that God has a destiny preplanned for our life. Let your future unfold without imposing your will. Do the work before you, have patience when necessary and hold unwavering faith that through the struggle lies your destiny.
Comments & Questions:
“Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.”–Saint Augustine
Learning to give our all in the endeavors of life will carry us through the tumultuous waters that rock our lives boat. When trials and tribulations challenge our experience, we must buckle down in faith.
Learning to trust God in total is a challenge. Faith or what we all understand blind faith goes against what most of us learn in life. Life is about to show me first, then I will believe you. How many times have you heard that in your life?
The quote rings so true. If you learn to trust God, stay in faith, do the work, life will bloom for those that believe. Somedays for me it’s a challenge, but I make this my mantra every day to stay in faith.
Take time right now to let God know you’re grateful for his presence in your life!
“No matter what has happened to you in the past or what is going on in your life right now, it has no power to keep you from having an amazingly good future if you will walk by faith in God. God loves you! He wants you to live with victory over sin so you can possess His promises for your life today!”–Joyce Meyer
Bringing our change full-circle requires us to get outside ourselves. I can hear you screaming. I am trying to change me! Ask yourself a question. If you’re in a relationship and everything is always about you how long will that last?
Well, short answer not too long. Also how fair would that be? Not fair at all.
If like our quote says no matter what we’ve done, where we are God loves us. If we want to bring this full circle, the changes we’re making to bring happiness. We have to learn to give something of ourselves. You cannot always be me, me, me!
Here are some ideas to quickly get outside yourself:
- Give a smile. A genuine smile to someone today. It’s free.
- If you’re standing in line at a coffee shop, buy the person behind you a coffee. Make a new friend.
- Grocery store, leave $5 or $10 with the cashier towards the person behind you to help pay the next person in line part of their grocery bill.
- If you know someone is having a hard time financially give them a gift card from a grocery store. Put some gas in their car. Let them know it’s not about the money, it’s that you want to help. Someday, they may help you back.
- If you know someone that is heading out for a job interview, pay for a new haircut, offer to take a woman to the nail salon, take interview clothes to dry cleaners and pay, give them a ride, pay the bus fare, see you can find tons of ways to show someone you care.
- Volunteer. Church, hospital, Goodwill, Community Center.
- Visit someone in a nursing facility. Plenty of retirees who sit lonely in nursing homes with no visitors.
- Go to the hospital, visit the chapel and pray for the patients and family. If there is power in prayer, you can give that! If possible pray with someone in the chapel.
- Pick up a pound of trash. Trust me you can find a pound of waste. One garbage bag of trash off the street, may not seem like much. A step is always a step, size does not matter. A pound of waste!
- Plant a tree. Check with your community to see where you can plant a tree. My thought, if you can plant a fruit tree where you know folks can benefit. Maybe a piece of fruit of a tree you planted kept someone from going hungry that day.
You can always pray to God to help you. Continue to work on you to change for the better. Before you can break through you will have to learn to look back not to view your past but to grab the hand of someone that needs help.