Class gets yourself a scratch pad and pen. No, seriously, get a paper and pen!
In the next few questions, I want you to write down the answers to the questions posed. The test is you all will pass.
Take time to answer the 3 questions. Then when you’ve responded to them add one more section to your answer, WHY?
- When the alarm clock goes off, are you excited?
- Do you love your job?
- Does your life have meaning for YOU?
The vast majority of us will answer, “hell no, I have when the alarm clock goes off.” Why?
You are NOT living your gift!
God has something for each of us. A gift.
Everyone has something that wakes them up before the alarm goes off. You love your job because, to you, it’s not a job. If you are living God’s gift, absolutely life has meaning.
Life has no flavor, no scent for you to smell. You get up and go to some job, have an idiot for a boss, and life appears to be sleep, work, and repeat.
Are you ready to find God’s real purpose for your life?
- Find a place where you feel at peace. Lakeside, river, fountain, park, mountains, but find a spot where you can be at peace.
- Begin to talk to God. Ask him for the wisdom and vision to see your life’s purpose. What gift that God wants you to share with the world. You may already have an idea. Embrace the thought, make it yours in your mind.
- If needed, keep coming to this place until it comes to you. When God is ready for you to know, if you’re like me, he will hit you over the head with it, so you don’t miss.
- When you have an idea. Write it down. As clearly and concisely as you are able.
Be open-minded and, most importantly, have patience.
How am I going to begin, this is where the “I don’t have ________.” will destroy your dream.
If God can bring the Universe into existence, I am pretty sure he can bring your life’s purpose to fruition. Since he put it in your head, don’t you imagine he has a plan to finish?
You may have to pray, “God, I don’t see a way for this to ever occur. I leave this in your hands to guide my way.” Then stay in faith! Do the work no matter how small or insignificant you may think forward motion is. It’s still forward motion.
You can always find something to do that moves you one step closer to your dream.
One time in your life. Give yourself the gift of running all the way with God. You will get knocked down, run over, feel as though one more step will be your last (metaphorically speaking), yet you take one more step.
Stop now and go to God and let him know you are ready!
Questions or share your dream, I would love to hear: