Here’s a recipe for gourmet smores that you can make while camping:
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate bars (choose your favorite kind)
- Bamboo skewers or sticks for roasting
- Optional: Nutella, peanut butter, sliced fruit, caramel sauce, cookie butter, or other spreads and toppings
- Build a fire in your campsite or heat up your camp stove. If using a stove, you’ll need a pan or griddle to roast the marshmallows.
- Skewer a marshmallow and roast it over the fire or on the stove until it’s golden brown and gooey. If using a stove, you may need to use a kitchen torch to get the desired level of toasting.
- While the marshmallow is roasting, prepare your graham crackers and chocolate. Break the graham crackers into squares and place a chocolate bar on top of one of the squares.
- Once the marshmallow is roasted to your liking, place it on top of the chocolate and graham cracker square.
- Place another graham cracker square on top of the marshmallow to make a sandwich.
- Optional: Spread a layer of Nutella, peanut butter, cookie butter, or another spread over one of the graham cracker squares before assembling the smore. You can also add slices of fruit, such as strawberries or bananas, or drizzle with caramel sauce for an extra special treat.
- Enjoy your gourmet smores while they’re still warm!