Praying as part of your everyday regimen. Did you pray today, why not? If you did good for you.
Why is praying daily so important?
- Great way to stay in faith.
- Take a moment to believe for what you want from your life.
- Keeps you in communication with God. Always a good thing!
- Being humble before God.
- Embracing the feelings of prayers being answered, showing gratitude.
Just a few in a huge list of reasons that prayer can and should be a part of your everyday life.
Letting God know you’re there as it were. I take what I call prayer walks in the morning times to simply talk to God. Funny note if people see me walking they probably think I forgot to take my medication, talking to myself.
God, knows when I am talking to him from my heart. It helps me start my day. Focused on what is important. Then I simply let God handle it. Not always easy for me, sometimes I feel like he needs my help. Not so much!
If you let life unfold before you staying in faith, the blessings are immeasurable. For times when you think if you don’t jump in everything will come to an end. DON’T! Stay in faith even when you don’t see anything but a disaster. Let it play out, let God know you are grateful that he has blessed you with the answer, Even when you can’t see it yet.
This is why you pray. Stay in faith, be grateful for the answered prayer before it manifests and don’t beg. You don’t have to beg God for anything. For example, someone close to you gets horrible health news. Don’t beg God to save them, thank God that he did save them. Pray for healing and restoration. Just don’t beg for it, you don’t have to beg!
You also don’t have to promise God; “If you just get me through this I will never ____.”
Make prayer a part of your everyday life. If you have kids pray with them. Married, pray with your spouse. Most importantly make sure you and God stay connected.
“From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.”–Dr. Seuss
Take time to laugh. Even when life seems to have kicked you in the gut, find something to if nothing else smile. Put some joy in your heart. Want the cure-all — Laugh!
Meditation is a fantastic way to help still your mind. Allowing you to relax in ways I am confident you never have before. Meditating also will enable you to visualize what your heart desires. Getting you into a state of bliss.
The great news is this is not hard at all to do or practice. The steps to get started are easy to learn.
Let’s get started with what you need before you begin to meditate:
- Using meditation music helps a lot. If you have headphones for your smartphone, this works great. Headphones help drown out ambient noise that can distract your concentration. The music will help you focus your mind.
- Have a place you can either sit in a comfortable pillow, chair or lay down (you don’t want to fall asleep) comfortable but not so that you sleep. We want to be awake but entirely pleasant.
- If possible turn off cell phone notifications. It’s essential to not break your concentration.
- The most important thing before you begin is that you’re comfortable. Comfy clothes, bare feet, comfortable temperature, and NO distractions.
- Think about what you would like to focus on during your meditation practice. Try to think only about one thing, for example, pick one; relaxation, happiness, let go of stress. If you have something, then use it.
- Remember there is a reason its called a practice! Over time you will get excellent.
- There is no real time limit. What I teach is continue for 5 minutes and continue until you feel like you have finished. Find the bliss enjoy it and leave your meditation practice on a peak note.
Now that you have the stuff you need where to begin:
- Get into a comfortable position. It’s not a bad idea to stretch for a moment just loosen up your body, nothing fancy just stretch.
- Turn on the music and begin to relax.
- Take a few deep cleansing breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth. Fill your lungs with happiness and joy, exhale all the dark.
- As you finish the cleansing breaths, begin to focus on your breathing. Nice lung filling breaths in through the nose out through the mouth. No strains in breathing just nice and smooth. Filling your body with Clean healing oxygen and exhaling dark black stress, tension, and so on.
- Continue to breath and let your body completely relax. Remove any thought from your head, all you want to concentrate on is in with the good and out with the bad. Relax!
- As you feel yourself relaxing enjoy the moment, be present in that moment. (A side note here, if you’re having trouble, can’t relax or your head is running ninety to nothing, be patient. This may take a couple of sessions to master).
- Look through your mind’s eye and see yourself happy, stress-free, tension free, in a place that makes you happy. Feel the emotions, be grateful in this moment.
- Rinse and Repeat! Practice daily.
The power of meditation can only be experienced. Whatever, preconceived notion you might have. Have an open heart and give it a try.
Questions or share your progress:
It is better to travel well than to arrive.”–Buddha
When you set goals, make them a train station to change trains to the next destination!