At heart I think we’re all a bit spoiled to want instant gratification, we want it now! For me, this is a struggle. When we think about the plan for our life waiting for things to unfold as they should is a struggle for most of us, to accept.
Frustration could not be more pronounced in my life today. I want everything to change right now. Imposing my will only slow down what God can do for me. Do you find yourself battling your head? I do! Just about every day, it seems to hit me the frustration of waiting.
Finding a way to quiet the old noodle is a problem that I want to change NOW. Something I can do right now that is not imposing upon the universe is changing negative parts of my life to positive outcomes. So I move this situation to prayer. Will, it honestly work faster maybe or maybe not?
That is the real challenge of faith. Just being able to relax and say okay God I’m with you, so let’s see where you’re taking me today. Bang! I don’t want to wait. I end up having to remember all the wonderful things that have happened to me in God’s good time.
Okay, so ego says you can do this, jump in, we got this. God will unveil to us our destiny if we choose to let him. Keeping busy helps me relax my head enough to slow down and relax, here are a few things I do:
- Take a walk; I call it my prayer walk. Talking to God, sharing everything that I can.
- Write as I am now. Do you have something like this you can do?
- Do you have a home project that needs doing?
- Work out, play with kids, do something busy.
If you keep your head busy, then the enemy can’t sneak in and muddle your brain. It’s also hard to find whether your thoughts are with God or being directed by you. Always ask in prayer for guidance. Happened to me the other day I started down the path and realized that I was going the wrong way.
Subsequently, I was able to let God know that my choice was not a good one, and moved back onto the right path. It was pretty cool to know that I can make a mistake. That God’s not going to punish me for mistakes that I might make. It’s like I’m a bowling ball that God is the bumpers that keep me going down the lane.
We all need the patience to allow the beauty of our lives to reveal itself in good time. When we force the issue that can delay our journey with unnecessary frustrations. I get it! It’s really hard for most of us. I’m certainly not suggesting you sit on your backside and do nothing but don’t force an issue. When you meditate on this, you will gain clarity.
Slow down, pray about it and do what you should every day to keep life moving. When you think about a thing enough, you in your heart know what the right thing is and what is the wrong thing. Do the right thing!
Our lives are based on many things that we end up settling for because we don’t see a way to achieve what we desire the most. Do you want to continue to pay for status quo? I don’t!
Throughout our lives, we have been conditioned to believe that without an education, money, status and dozens more, why you cannot achieve. Your brain tells merely you NO. If you’re a spiritual person, the enemy gets in your head and convinces you that you will be nothing more than what you are today. Horse Manure!
Recondition your thoughts with faith. Not wishful thinking, hope! Big difference in that statement. You cannot just say to God, I want to write the next great novel that tops the New York Times bestseller list and not type a word. You have to take action to achieve what you desire. Work and I mean hard work.
Most of us have had the question posed to us: “If you could do anything in the world what would you do?” If you put aside a dream in your life what is stopping you from picking it back up? The answer to that question is your head, doubt, and fear.
If like me you would like to live the last half of your life doing what you want to do not what you have to do, we need to make some radical changes. Not impossible changes, fundamental changes, big difference.
Here are a few things you need to make a part of your life now:
- Don’t worry about the how you will do it. Believe as though it already exists in life now. This is incredibly powerful when you see it in your mind and believe it in your heart. The how will present itself when you least expect it.
- Stay out of your head. Overthinking kills dreams faster than anything. Believe in your heart.
- Take steps every day towards the new goal. It can be researched, educating yourself, praying, visualization, it can be anything that moves you forward.
- Fight to keep negative thoughts out of your head. Also, don’t listen to nay-sayers. Sadly that can be family. What’s in your heart is what matters. Follow that which calls to your soul.
- Fear is not part of your equation anymore. When you come from a place of fear you will not attain your goal. Don’t be afraid to have the life you want. Surprisingly folks self-sabotage life because they’re conditioned to be frightened.
Thoughts are the killer of all dreams, negative thoughts will drag you down. Don’t listen to them. If you want something bad enough, negative thinking has to be conditioned to not overtake your mind.
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”–Michael Jordan
Get busy life is waiting for you, Godspeed!