“No matter what has happened to you in the past or what is going on in your life right now, it has no power to keep you from having an amazingly good future if you will walk by faith in God. God loves you! He wants you to live with victory over sin so you can possess His promises for your life today!”–Joyce Meyer
Bringing our change full-circle requires us to get outside ourselves. I can hear you screaming. I am trying to change me! Ask yourself a question. If you’re in a relationship and everything is always about you how long will that last?
Well, short answer not too long. Also how fair would that be? Not fair at all.
If like our quote says no matter what we’ve done, where we are God loves us. If we want to bring this full circle, the changes we’re making to bring happiness. We have to learn to give something of ourselves. You cannot always be me, me, me!
Here are some ideas to quickly get outside yourself:
- Give a smile. A genuine smile to someone today. It’s free.
- If you’re standing in line at a coffee shop, buy the person behind you a coffee. Make a new friend.
- Grocery store, leave $5 or $10 with the cashier towards the person behind you to help pay the next person in line part of their grocery bill.
- If you know someone is having a hard time financially give them a gift card from a grocery store. Put some gas in their car. Let them know it’s not about the money, it’s that you want to help. Someday, they may help you back.
- If you know someone that is heading out for a job interview, pay for a new haircut, offer to take a woman to the nail salon, take interview clothes to dry cleaners and pay, give them a ride, pay the bus fare, see you can find tons of ways to show someone you care.
- Volunteer. Church, hospital, Goodwill, Community Center.
- Visit someone in a nursing facility. Plenty of retirees who sit lonely in nursing homes with no visitors.
- Go to the hospital, visit the chapel and pray for the patients and family. If there is power in prayer, you can give that! If possible pray with someone in the chapel.
- Pick up a pound of trash. Trust me you can find a pound of waste. One garbage bag of trash off the street, may not seem like much. A step is always a step, size does not matter. A pound of waste!
- Plant a tree. Check with your community to see where you can plant a tree. My thought, if you can plant a fruit tree where you know folks can benefit. Maybe a piece of fruit of a tree you planted kept someone from going hungry that day.
You can always pray to God to help you. Continue to work on you to change for the better. Before you can break through you will have to learn to look back not to view your past but to grab the hand of someone that needs help.