“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.”–Eleanor Roosevelt
Facing fear comes in many forms. It also is indoctrinated into our psyche over years and years. We play into it when difficulties overtake our life. When the bombardment of “I can’t” “this is too hard” become so overwhelming in our minds.
Just as the quote states we live through a horror.
The excellent news is the strength you need is within you. It’s not hard to tap into when you discipline yourself to overcome the challenge. Here are some daily rituals I do that help me get through:
- Stop and just breathe. Take sixty seconds and breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth. Breathing will relieve tension in your body. This makes a measurable change in your body.
- Walk. Just get out and walk for a bit. Again relieving stress in your muscles will clear your mind. It’s incredible how this works. Walk up a flight of stairs, walk down the street, just get out and walk.
- Meditate. Learn to quiet your mind. Meditation can help you focus your mind on positive. There is a reason it’s called a meditation practice. Do this often, set designated times to practice your meditation.
- Grateful. Be grateful for what you have and for what is coming. Thank God for the blessing he is moving into your life.
- Pray. Don’t beg, pray. “Please God get me through this, please” NO! Give to God what you need, what he needs to guide you. Show him you’re grateful for it and let him do the rest.
You can overcome adversity, fear, you name it you can overcome. It takes work, it takes some pain, it takes real desire. You can do it! I have to push every day to overcome huge fears. Someday’s the journey seems too much. That’s the time take one more step, do one more thing forward. This makes all the difference.
A new year begging and the flag has dropped the race has begun to achieve our resolutions and goals. Goals are all well and good. The biggest problem is either you don’t get started, or you just give out.
If you want to build an empire, you need to get started. My philosophy is an Empire is what you believe an empire to be. Whether that’s to lose 50lbs. In weight this year, or make a million dollars. My thinking any win is part of your empire!
You can read thousands of books on goal setting. Everyone has an opinion about what you need to write out specifically. Here is my take on that.
Writing out the most detailed plan won’t accomplish anything without action. Where people fail is they don’t take consistent action. No work, no achievement!
Here are a few points that will help you stay on top of your goals:
- Set an actionable task daily with reminders. I use my Smartphone to ring out reminders of what I need to do next.
- Finish your daily tasks. Don’t set up too many things to achieve in a day. Finish what you begin before you move on to the next job.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself. Be sure that what you set out to do daily is manageable. When you overcome yourself, you will eventually quit.
- Take time to set up your calendars, to-do list, so that you don’t forget. Set up at least three months of actionable tasks. If you try and do this on short spurts, you’re just setting up to fail.
You can write down all the goals in the world. If you don’t put serious action behind that, you wasted your time. Achieving goals requires work. Take action every day, the only way is to track yourself daily. Complete daily tasks and you will see your dreams come true.
If you want to achieve start right now! Get this garbage out of your head “will start tomorrow,” NO start right now!!!
Good luck in your New Year, I believe this will be your best year!
If you loved the article:
Questions & Comments:
“If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.”–Napoleon Hill
Never take for granted that you cannot be more than you were yesterday. Falling into a false sense that you are what you are. This could not be further from the truth. You can be more today than you were yesterday!
Don’t worry about how your destiny will reveal itself. Stay in total faith. The faith that no matter what the past has been you are not defined by it. Your future lies ahead, not behind.
How to start a civil conversation when you and your spouse, significant other, are fighting to the point you can’t say a polite word. This takes both you coming to the table as a cease-fire.
This is a fantastic way to have a civil conversation. What our goal will be is to talk without fighting. If you can begin a civil discourse, then you can start to find healing words and a way back to happiness.
For this, to work you have to both agree to NOT talk about your fight. This is a total cease-fire of all ugliness! Each of must come with an open heart.
- Make a time where you can sit down totally uninterrupted. No alcohol, no wine, just coffee or a soda. The two of you ONLY. Kids need to-go-to grandmas.
- Each of you agrees with no curse words.
- Rock, paper, scissors to see who talks first. Best two out of three if needed.
So what is the conversation going to be?
Give this some thought before you sit down. Assuming you are agreed.
Pick something about your life that your partner does not really know about you. The story can be about anything except for a topic that Segways into your argument.
The whole point of this is to talk about something that allows the two of you to communicate! Each takes a turn in telling a story, having a conversation that is merely the two of you talking.
If you’ve completed this, we have one more exercise.
What made you fall in love with each other? Have a conversation about what makes you happy together.
If you can do these two things then perhaps what you’re arguing about is not that big a deal. Sometimes, we just need to talk civilly and then remember why we love one another.