“No matter what has happened to you in the past or what is going on in your life right now, it has no power to keep you from having an amazingly good future if you will walk by faith in God. God loves you! He wants you to live with victory over sin so you can possess His promises for your life today!”–Joyce Meyer
Bringing our change full-circle requires us to get outside ourselves. I can hear you screaming. I am trying to change me! Ask yourself a question. If you’re in a relationship and everything is always about you how long will that last?
Well, short answer not too long. Also, how fair would that be? Not fair at all.
I like our quote says no matter what we’ve done, where we are God loves us. If we want to bring this full circle, the changes we’re making to bring happiness. We have to learn to give something of ourselves. You cannot always be me, me, me!
Here are some ideas to quickly get outside yourself:
- Give a smile. A genuine smile to someone today. It’s free.
- If you’re standing in line at a coffee shop, buy the person behind you a coffee. Make a new friend.
- Grocery store, leave $5 or $10 with the cashier towards the person behind you to help pay the next person in line part of their grocery bill.
- If you know someone is having a hard time financially give them a gift card from a grocery store. Put some gas in their car. Let them know it’s not about the money, it’s that you want to help. Someday, they may help you back.
- If you know someone that is heading out for a job interview, pay for a new haircut, offer to take a woman to the nail salon, take interview clothes to dry cleaners and pay, give them a ride, pay the bus fare, see you can find tons of ways to show someone you care.
- Volunteer. Church, hospital, Goodwill, Community Center.
- Visit someone in a nursing facility. Plenty of retirees who sit lonely in nursing homes with no visitors.
- Go to the hospital, visit the chapel, and pray for the patients and family. If there is power in prayer, you can give that! If possible, pray with someone in the chapel.
- Pick up a pound of trash. Trust me, you can find a pound of waste. One garbage bag of trash off the street, may not seem like much. A step is always a step, size does not matter. A pound of waste!
- Plant a tree. Check with your community to see where you can plant a tree. My thought, if you can plant a fruit tree where you know folks can benefit. Maybe a piece of fruit of a tree you planted kept someone from going hungry that day.
You can always pray to God to help you. Continue to work on you to change for the better. Before you can break through, you will have to learn to look back not to view your past but to grab the hand of someone that needs help.
For many years I went without any sort of pets. Seemed to be too much of a hassle, can’t go anywhere lots to clean up. So I just did not have a pet in my life. That’s not the case today. My dog, Glitzy, gives me such joy and happiness. She is the best companion. She is also a massive member of our family.
Glitzy is such a part of my life. She rides in the car with me, greats me when I wake up with kisses and she is joyous to see me. She sleeps under the covers and snuggles up all night. She is comfort while sleeping. When I come home, she again greets me with a joyous, loving reception. Lots of kisses from Glitzy.
When Glitzy came home as a puppy, she could fit inside a coffee mug. She was tiny and incredibly cute. Her hair was soft as angels wings. I would hold her close to my neck, and she would sleep and cuddle. The bond began.
Now I would not think of a life without a pet to love. Anything that I stressed about in owning a dog have all been eliminated ounce she got home. Every since even if she has an accident in the house which is rare, it’s no big deal.
Before you venture out to get a pet. Think about several things before you adopt a pet into your home.
- Make sure the breed you choose fits your lifestyle. For example, hyper dogs require lots of room to run and burn off energy. If you don’t like to be outside that much, don’t get a water dog or a more hyper breed. This is how pets get re-homed, and that is truly sad for the animal.
- Keep in mind that just like a child, an animal needs love and attention. Make sure you have time to devote to the care and love of your pet.
- Keep in mind potty training takes time. So you may need to segregate your pet to a vinal or tile floor. Clean up is much more comfortable. If your house is a total carpet, you seriously may want to look into vinal floors. Sorry, but once a dog or cat urinates on the rug, it won’t come out entirely.
- Make sure you have in your family budget money for regular Veterinary care. Dogs need heartworm medicine regularly. Not to mention if they get sick. Taking care of your pet is your responsibility.
Have a pet companion is the most significant thing in the world. Glitzy has such a sassy personality and very bossy. Glitzy Barks at me for everything Glitzy needs even when I don’t know what that is.
If you need a little company, think about adopting a pet. I can tell you that folks that choose say they received the greatest gift. Dog’s and cats seem to sense when they come home after being in a shelter. It may take a few days for them to get settled in.
Once your pet gets a sense of home, and you become a part of your animal’s pack. You will cherish them like you do any other family member.
Check with your local shelters about adopting!
If you have any question: