“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.”–Eleanor Roosevelt
Facing fear comes in many forms. It also is indoctrinated into our psyche over years and years. We play into it when difficulties overtake our life. When the bombardment of “I can’t” “this is too hard” become so overwhelming in our minds.
Just as the quote states we live through a horror.
The excellent news is the strength you need is within you. It’s not hard to tap into when you discipline yourself to overcome the challenge. Here are some daily rituals I do that help me get through:
- Stop and just breathe. Take sixty seconds and breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth. Breathing will relieve tension in your body. This makes a measurable change in your body.
- Walk. Just get out and walk for a bit. Again relieving stress in your muscles will clear your mind. It’s incredible how this works. Walk up a flight of stairs, walk down the street, just get out and walk.
- Meditate. Learn to quiet your mind. Meditation can help you focus your mind on positive. There is a reason it’s called a meditation practice. Do this often, set designated times to practice your meditation.
- Grateful. Be grateful for what you have and for what is coming. Thank God for the blessing he is moving into your life.
- Pray. Don’t beg, pray. “Please God get me through this, please” NO! Give to God what you need, what he needs to guide you. Show him you’re grateful for it and let him do the rest.
You can overcome adversity, fear, you name it you can overcome. It takes work, it takes some pain, it takes real desire. You can do it! I have to push every day to overcome huge fears. Someday’s the journey seems too much. That’s the time take one more step, do one more thing forward. This makes all the difference.
“Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen… yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.”–Bradley Whitford
Are you ready to smash the next 10 years?
The last ten years of motivations that you have employed in your life. Has set a foundation for you to smash the next ten years.
Think about what you’ve learned from your experiences. What in hindsight would you have done a bit different? This gives you the edge you need to have a breakaway new decade.
After a decade you now possess the knowledge to plot the course for a new decade. More important than anything else what bit of experience can you deploy right now? Take some action today!
Upon reflection of your past ten years, take the independent powerhouse thoughts, information, feelings, and put those in your repertoire to draw wisdom at will. Now think about what new information you can put into action to boost the old knowledge. What tweaks can you make?
Set a plan. A daily actionable plan. Some examples:
- Use a task management tool. I use Google Tasks.
- Calander times to work on you, goals, free time. Literally set up times and dates for your life (I’m not suggesting to not be spontaneous). Organize!
- Set time limits to achieve certain things. Don’t wake up a year from now and go “wow I got nothing completed.” Never confuse activity with productivity!!!
- Meditate on the end result. See yourself in your mind’s eye with what you desire to achieve as already yours.
- Stay in faith and stay in gratitude always!
When trials and tribulations come and they will. Hold onto #5 with everything that is you. Don’t give in or give up. The tests will pass much quicker if you remain calm and focused. Breathe daily and meditate.
Take some action today, get started. Don’t think, begin!
“We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature – trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon, and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls.”–Mother Teresa
If you can be honest enough with yourself most of us would say our head is jumbled up with garbage. So much so we couldn’t hear God if he used a megaphone. Arguably my worst trait, how about you?
Finding peace and quiet enough to hear Gods love is for most of us a challenge. We have conditioned ourselves to constant moving of the mechanism we call our noodle. Our minds are constantly churning the garbage dump that has become our thoughts.
This is a battle for me. So now I am learning to allow God’s love through meditation. Here is how I do it:
- Using headphones I put meditation music on and focus on the music to relax my thoughts. “I am” a meditation that the late Dr. Wayne Dyer put out on YouTube. It’s amazing.
- Make a time you know you won’t be disturbed. Turn off cell phone unless you’re using it for the music. Put on Do Not Disturb while listening, it turns off notifications.
- After relaxed then see yourself in the state-of-mind that you want to be. Learn to experience the peace-of-mind that comes with relaxing your thoughts.
- Don’t fall asleep!
- Allow yourself a half hour of time.
Learn to find God by relaxing your thoughts!
If you have questions:
“To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.”–Buddha
When you can focus your mind on the positive outcome of life. Then you have mastered the power of change! Don’t worry about the how-to focus that which you desire is already here. Feel it, see it in your mind’s eye and know that feeling. The how will come!
Meditation is a fantastic way to help still your mind. Allowing you to relax in ways I am confident you never have before. Meditating also will enable you to visualize what your heart desires. Getting you into a state of bliss.
The great news is this is not hard at all to do or practice. The steps to get started are easy to learn.
Let’s get started with what you need before you begin to meditate:
- Using meditation music helps a lot. If you have headphones for your smartphone, this works great. Headphones help drown out ambient noise that can distract your concentration. The music will help you focus your mind.
- Have a place you can either sit in a comfortable pillow, chair or lay down (you don’t want to fall asleep) comfortable but not so that you sleep. We want to be awake but entirely pleasant.
- If possible turn off cell phone notifications. It’s essential to not break your concentration.
- The most important thing before you begin is that you’re comfortable. Comfy clothes, bare feet, comfortable temperature, and NO distractions.
- Think about what you would like to focus on during your meditation practice. Try to think only about one thing, for example, pick one; relaxation, happiness, let go of stress. If you have something, then use it.
- Remember there is a reason its called a practice! Over time you will get excellent.
- There is no real time limit. What I teach is continue for 5 minutes and continue until you feel like you have finished. Find the bliss enjoy it and leave your meditation practice on a peak note.
Now that you have the stuff you need where to begin:
- Get into a comfortable position. It’s not a bad idea to stretch for a moment just loosen up your body, nothing fancy just stretch.
- Turn on the music and begin to relax.
- Take a few deep cleansing breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth. Fill your lungs with happiness and joy, exhale all the dark.
- As you finish the cleansing breaths, begin to focus on your breathing. Nice lung filling breaths in through the nose out through the mouth. No strains in breathing just nice and smooth. Filling your body with Clean healing oxygen and exhaling dark black stress, tension, and so on.
- Continue to breath and let your body completely relax. Remove any thought from your head, all you want to concentrate on is in with the good and out with the bad. Relax!
- As you feel yourself relaxing enjoy the moment, be present in that moment. (A side note here, if you’re having trouble, can’t relax or your head is running ninety to nothing, be patient. This may take a couple of sessions to master).
- Look through your mind’s eye and see yourself happy, stress-free, tension free, in a place that makes you happy. Feel the emotions, be grateful in this moment.
- Rinse and Repeat! Practice daily.
The power of meditation can only be experienced. Whatever, preconceived notion you might have. Have an open heart and give it a try.
Questions or share your progress: