“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.”–Dolly Parton
I laughed when I read that quote because it’s so true. If you want the beautiful rainbows in life, you have to take the rain with it.
Sometimes the rain comes in the form a thunderstorm. When the storm comes keeping thoughts on the rainbow and not the rain. Focusing on the outcome (the rainbow). If you can put up with the rain, the storms that come, on the other side of that is the joy you prayed for.
Take time to view the beauty around you. If you want to have real and lasting change. Take time to appreciate the simple things. Sunsets, sunrise, rain, snow, kids playing, dog parks, you can visit parks to take a moment to just be in the moment.
As the title would suggest getting rid of frustration, well easier said than done. The good news it’s possible to condition ourselves to at least shake it off quicker.
Frustration can if we allow it to be debilitating to some and stifling to others. We all get frustrated with work problems, relationship problems, and life in general. Our lives are moving as quickly forward as we would like for example.
Here are a few simple tasks to be done that can help relieve frustration:
- Take a minute or two several times a day to just breathe. A couple of deep cleansing breaths. A minute or so of just breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth. Relax.
- Whatever it is that frustrates you write down what the outcome you would like to have to overcome the frustration. Then focus on that. Put this up like an affirmation everywhere you can. The result, not the problem!
- When appropriate talk it out. Get someone you respect to offer a new perspective. You don’t necessarily have to agree, but you can see that alternatives do exist.
- Get out and walk. Clear your head. Go somewhere where you can take in beautiful trees, nature, or just a place that you find calming. Enjoy a calming walk, focus on what’s around you soak up the environment. Leave your woe’s in the car.
- Turn the frustration on its head. Look at what’s happening as a game challenge. To get to the next level, you have to concur where you are. Look for solutions vs. focusing on the frustration itself.
Nothing hard about these few things that you can do to help you overcome frustration. Focus your attention on the end result of where you would like to be. The path to get their will come clear as you believe for the outcome you desire.
Open your heart to possibility. Even if the outcome is not what you desire. Look at the bigger picture, perhaps God is clearing this out to make room for what your destiny indeed is. Sometimes, we must let go of toxic situations to gain our real promise. Be open in your heart, and this will come clear to you.
Smile, breathe and go take a walk!