One of the hardest things for me to let go of is my wanting to control aspects of my life. If you’re going to have faith in the Universe (God) you have to let, go. It can’t be a negotiation with God over what part of your life he will run and what part we will run.
No matter what we must give him full control. It does not mean that you say okay God I need my life saved because of this issue whatever that might be. Then do nothing. It will take work on your part to have the patience that God works in his good time.
Learning to become a better person, doing good works in your life to bring a better you to the world. Worry about that over what the outcome will be. The outcome is completely out of your control. The moment you say I got this and you impose your will to that which is in disarray. Nothing positive happens, form that.
We must learn to live not in our head but our soul. You must think about this for a while. How do I do the work?
Here is an example of working in faith:
Let’s say your marriage is at total risk of divorce. Separated, not talking it’s terrible. You want to call your spouse all the time, trying to work it out. How do we get through this time letting God work through us? Let’s say you know you want this person, you know you want the marriage, but the other partner does not at this time.
Here is how we work from our spiritual side and not our head.
- Pray to God for guidance for YOUR life. Ask him where he would like you to be. Don’t beg him to fix your marriage, never begin prayer. He hears you, don’t beg.
- Start doing things that bring a better you to the marriage should it come to pass that you get back together. Read books, go to therapy, pray for God’s will to be done in your life. God’s will not
- Allow for time to pass. If it’s God’s will for the two of you to be together, you will be. Be open to the idea that maybe this person is getting moved out of your life so that your destiny can reveal itself. You don’t know! Let life open to you, not because of you! Think!
- The pain you suffer will pass. It’s the equivalent of someone passing away when we lose a spouse. Don’t listen to all the garbage in your head, “well if I could tell them this, they would understand” stop it now. If you look to the trash in your head, you will lose for sure.
- Have faith that no matter what happens your life will be better for this trial. If you get back together and all is well. Or if you end up divorced and life presents a NEW season for you.
If you seriously want change, then you must be willing to change. Some pain will come to our heart. Here is the real kicker. It may not work out but on the other hand, it might. Have faith that everything will turn out just as it should. Be open-hearted to receive God’s favor.
However, should you desire change to happen naturally? Then who knows what life has in-store for you. Believe me, and I do understand the pain of a breakup. At times it can be debilitating. We have to look up and say “okay God I don’t understand, and right now I don’t get it” then be willing to help ourselves, but let God handle our outcome.
I don’t doubt your pain. What I can tell you is if you follow in faith that life will open up to you as it should, life will get better. It will begin to get better quickly with faith. You may have to talk to God hundreds of times a day. That’s okay. He has an open ear ready to hear you. In situations like divorce, financial and loss we tend to beg God. Don’t beg in prayer.
When you pray, have it be about the outcome you desire. “I thank you, God, for the healing you have brought to the hearts of my spouse and me.” Pray as though you already have that which you desire as if you already have it. Don’t ask for something to be fixed; it already is through your faith in God.
God will unfold for you the destiny of your life. That may be something completely different than what you expected. The fantastic news is that it will be bigger, better, more joy, more peace and so much more than you could have ever supposed to happen. That is the fantastic gift that awaits you if you will only have faith!