“Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Til your good is better, and your better is best.”–St Jerome
Say that five times really fast! Ha Ha!
When I found this quote, it really hit me. In our journies, we strive to be our best. Those with passion seem to never rest in the pursuit.
What we learn along the way is forward momentum keeps our vision in sight of our goal. Whether you take a baby step today and a giant step tomorrow, it doesn’t really matter as long as the motion is forward.
Learning to organize your day into bite-size chunks will help. Get a calendar that you like to work with. Organize activities that you can begin and finish within an allotted period. This keeps you from getting to scattered. Activity vs. Productivity. We want production!
Map out a day from hour-to-hour. Don’t wing this get organized. If you do, success is coming. Being busy is just being busy. Have clear and actionable tasks, complete the work before moving on. This is the difference between winning and status quo.
Start today, now if possible. Procrastination is what other people do!
If you have questions:
A new year begging and the flag has dropped the race has begun to achieve our resolutions and goals. Goals are all well and good. The biggest problem is either you don’t get started, or you just give out.
If you want to build an empire, you need to get started. My philosophy is an Empire is what you believe an empire to be. Whether that’s to lose 50lbs. In weight this year, or make a million dollars. My thinking any win is part of your empire!
You can read thousands of books on goal setting. Everyone has an opinion about what you need to write out specifically. Here is my take on that.
Writing out the most detailed plan won’t accomplish anything without action. Where people fail is they don’t take consistent action. No work, no achievement!
Here are a few points that will help you stay on top of your goals:
- Set an actionable task daily with reminders. I use my Smartphone to ring out reminders of what I need to do next.
- Finish your daily tasks. Don’t set up too many things to achieve in a day. Finish what you begin before you move on to the next job.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself. Be sure that what you set out to do daily is manageable. When you overcome yourself, you will eventually quit.
- Take time to set up your calendars, to-do list, so that you don’t forget. Set up at least three months of actionable tasks. If you try and do this on short spurts, you’re just setting up to fail.
You can write down all the goals in the world. If you don’t put serious action behind that, you wasted your time. Achieving goals requires work. Take action every day, the only way is to track yourself daily. Complete daily tasks and you will see your dreams come true.
If you want to achieve start right now! Get this garbage out of your head “will start tomorrow,” NO start right now!!!
Good luck in your New Year, I believe this will be your best year!
If you loved the article:
Questions & Comments:
“Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen… yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.”–Bradley Whitford
Are you ready to smash the next 10 years?
The last ten years of motivations that you have employed in your life. Has set a foundation for you to smash the next ten years.
Think about what you’ve learned from your experiences. What in hindsight would you have done a bit different? This gives you the edge you need to have a breakaway new decade.
After a decade you now possess the knowledge to plot the course for a new decade. More important than anything else what bit of experience can you deploy right now? Take some action today!
Upon reflection of your past ten years, take the independent powerhouse thoughts, information, feelings, and put those in your repertoire to draw wisdom at will. Now think about what new information you can put into action to boost the old knowledge. What tweaks can you make?
Set a plan. A daily actionable plan. Some examples:
- Use a task management tool. I use Google Tasks.
- Calander times to work on you, goals, free time. Literally set up times and dates for your life (I’m not suggesting to not be spontaneous). Organize!
- Set time limits to achieve certain things. Don’t wake up a year from now and go “wow I got nothing completed.” Never confuse activity with productivity!!!
- Meditate on the end result. See yourself in your mind’s eye with what you desire to achieve as already yours.
- Stay in faith and stay in gratitude always!
When trials and tribulations come and they will. Hold onto #5 with everything that is you. Don’t give in or give up. The tests will pass much quicker if you remain calm and focused. Breathe daily and meditate.
Take some action today, get started. Don’t think, begin!
Excuse me, hello, excuse me. Yes, you! Can you look this way, please? You’re looking at yesterday; I need you focused forward, thank you!
Are you looking to TODAY?
Today is all you have. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is just that tomorrow. So what can you do to make today a good day? Plan for it. Have a project that has tasks that need doing today. Prepare the night before at least three things you know for sure you can accomplish in a day.
Have small successes every day. Complete tasks that will help bring about big success. In whatever aspect of your life that needs help the most right now.
What happens is we tend to get to scattered out with all the things we need to fix. Like, relationships, job, ourselves, bills, and the list gets bigger. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time! Apply that to your life, and you will achieve much, much, more.
This process has eluded me so many times in my own life. By appearance, just organizing aspects of our life for success seem simple. The real test is, are you doing it now? Will you stay consistent?
Here are some tasks to help you get started:
- Set daily reminders in your phone to alert you to jobs for that day. Tasks to complete for that day.
- Use apps like Google Tasks, Google Calendar, they’re free. I use them, and they help me a lot.
- Make time in the evening to plan out tasks (minimum 3) for the next day.
- DON’T PROCRASTINATE!
- Use a calendar to help your track deadlines. Also, a Project Management app is a great way to keep track of your progress.
Five quick things you can do today!
It’s your turn to win! Get started right now. Don’t think just DO!!!