Meditation is a fantastic way to help still your mind. Allowing you to relax in ways I am confident you never have before. Meditating also will enable you to visualize what your heart desires. Getting you into a state of bliss.
The great news is this is not hard at all to do or practice. The steps to get started are easy to learn.
Let’s get started with what you need before you begin to meditate:
- Using meditation music helps a lot. If you have headphones for your smartphone, this works great. Headphones help drown out ambient noise that can distract your concentration. The music will help you focus your mind.
- Have a place you can either sit in a comfortable pillow, chair, or lay down (you don’t want to fall asleep) soft but not so that you sleep. We want to be awake but entirely pleasant.
- If possible turn off cell phone notifications. It’s essential to not break your concentration.
- The most important thing before you begin is that you’re comfortable. Comfy clothes, bare feet, warm temperature, and NO distractions.
- Think about what you would like to focus on during your meditation practice. Try to think only about one thing, for example, pick one; relaxation, happiness, let go of stress. If you have something, then use it.
- Remember there is a reason its called a practice! Over time you will get excellent.
- There is no real time limit. What I teach is continue for 5 minutes and continue until you feel like you have finished. Find the bliss enjoy it and leave your meditation practice on a peak note.
Now that you have the stuff you need where to begin:
- Get into a comfortable position. It’s not a bad idea to stretch for a moment just loosen up your body, nothing fancy just reach.
- Turn on the music and begin to relax.
- Take a few deep cleansing breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth. Fill your lungs with happiness and joy, exhale all the dark.
- As you finish the cleansing breaths, begin to focus on your breathing. Nice lung filling breaths in through the nose out through the mouth. No strains in breathing just lovely and smooth. Filling your body with Clean healing oxygen and exhaling dark black stress, tension, and so on.
- Continue to breath and let your body completely relax. Remove any thought from your head, all you want to concentrate on is in with the good and out with the bad. Relax!
- As you feel yourself relaxing, enjoy the moment, be present in that moment. (A side note here, if you’re having trouble, can’t relax or your head is running ninety to nothing, be patient. This may take a couple of sessions to master).
- Look through your mind’s eye and see yourself happy, stress-free, tension free, in a place that makes you happy. Feel the emotions, be grateful in this moment.
- Rinse and Repeat! Practice daily.
The power of meditation can only be experienced. Whatever, preconceived notion you might have. Have an open heart and give it a try.
Questions or share your progress: