“Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.”–Dale Carnegie
Happiness may not ever rule the world, but it can rule your world! Being happy is a choice. We can choose to be miserable or want to be satisfied. Outside influences can steal our joy for the moment. However, you can again choose to be happy in spite of external stressors.
This is something I struggle with, and sure you do as well. It’s so easy to fall into the trap of anxiety over outside influence in our lives. Putting a smile on our face and being grateful for the smallest of things will keep us in faith.
Even when we get kicked in the gut. I am not suggesting that you have to smile and say, “thank you can I have another.” You can mourn a situation for an appropriate time. We all have disappointments that steal our joy. It’s recovering from it that makes the difference.
Don’t give into stress, disappointment, or the like. This is your life guided by God, be grateful for that.
Here are five quick things you can do to recover your joy:
- Get outside and enjoy nature. Breathe the fresh air, take a walk by a stream or water. Take a minute to see the beauty around you.
- Let whatever troubles you go. Give it to God.
- Pray, find time to meditate on peace in your life. See yourself in your mind’s eye as happy. Feel that sensation and own it.
- Do something for someone else. Be a blessing to others. Get outside yourself and help someone that needs some loving attention.
- Be okay with you! Know that trials in life come, but this too shall pass (pardon the cliche) it’s true. Seasons come and go in our lives. Don’t lose sight of that.
Okay, what are you waiting for? God believes in you, I believe in you, so get happy! Don’t overthink, take action now!!!
You must log in to post a comment.