With all the political venom, with nothing but negative news filling our social media feeds, our news programs. It’s not a wonder we may struggle with depression or just WTF!
Life Research Project is my movement to find reasons to be a blessing on this earth. Many ways we can give back even in small ways that require no financial investment when family budgets are stretched beyond limits.
Becoming a blessing to those around us, to the environment has immeasurable grace. Giving in the face of adversity will change your state-of-mind. We all want to feel better, have fun, make a difference. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Pick up a pound of trash. We can all find a pound of litter to police up.
- Plant a tree. Preferably a fruit tree that folks could freely pick fruit from. Perhaps in an area where homeless people could get a piece of fruit.
- Start a Garden in an area where homeless folks are nearby. Allow anyone to pick from the garden.
- Visit a nursing home. Be company to someone lonely.
- Go to a hospital and merely pray in the Chapel for healing. Perhaps even pray with someone that is begging for a loved one.
- Volunteer, food pantry, Goodwill, Hospital, Nursing home, Boy’s & Girls Club, Animal Rescue Shelter, community center, as you can see plenty to choose.
- Offer a bottle of water to a soul that is panhandling. Keep some bottled water in your vehicle. Instead of money offer a bottle of water. Say a prayer for God to protect the person you gave water.
Part of living life needs to be living outside our own needs. Even when you’re screaming, “what about me,” make it about helping someone. Stop! Listen to these words, being a blessing to others in the face of adversity.
When we can give even when we feel we have nothing to offer. Believe me when I say if you do this with an open heart. Sewing this seed can only bring a harvest beyond anything you imagined.
Feeling good helping others allows us to realize more can be achieved when we work together. If you planted a fruit tree that feeds hungry souls that may be hurting. How would you feel knowing that people did not go hungry at the moment they picked a piece of fruit from a tree you planted.
Doing good things, sewing seeds of peace, hope, love, and prosperity. You can’t help but feel love for yourself. Sometimes seeing more than just ourselves will actually heal our soul.
Pick one thing you can do this week to be a blessing to the world. I showed seven possible ways, you may have something else in mind. Do not do this and say to God okay; it’s your turn. Look beyond you!!!
Learn to be selfless, and in doing so, life will open up for you in ways never dreamt.
Questions or comments: